Thursday, February 28, 2013

"Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" Robert Frost

"Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" was a very interesting poem, and definitely my favorite out of the assigned readings. Automatically I tend to search for any kind of symbolism in Frost. I was especially intrigued by the poems ending lines "And miles to go before I sleep./ And miles to go before I sleep." because they entice feelings of being on the road and the theme of travelling or being in a transition phase becomes apparent. In addition to the theme, I liked the word choice Frost uses. For example, "The woods are lovely, dark, and deep/But I have promises to keep," are poignant and left an impression on me. Word choice along with Frost's use of imagery are reasons why his poems stand out among the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment