Monday, February 11, 2013

ERNEST HEMINGWAY (LISA STANTON)



Honestly, I’m not really much of a Ernest Hemingway reader. I do remember watching some biography of his life in high school, but I don’t recall reading much of his stories that he has written. If somebody were to give me a story by him at this moment and ask me to read it I’m not sure how I would feel after I was finished reading it. I mean sure, I would have some opinions here and there, but all in all I think I feel indifferent about Ernest Hemingway. Like right now, I’m sitting on the floor of my room, a few pages into The Snows of Kilimanjaro and I just can’t get myself to finish the rest. Yes, it is interesting, and I do want to figure out what happens to the man and woman, but my mind just isn’t as willed to finish this story as it would be if I were reading a much more modern author, like, let’s say, Jodi Picoult, or Khaled Hosseini, the gentleman who wrote The Kite Runner. Of course, I will force myself to finish this story, but I doubt I’ll really get the full gist of it. I’m sure if I did read more Ernest Hemingway back in high school or in general I would have more appreciation for the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment