Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Robert Frost

I do enjoy reading Robert Frost's work, but sometimes I do feel that it is hard to follow. I like the fact that what he writes about is realistic and the readings that had to be read all had something to do with nature. Some of his poems may be easily misunderstood, for example, "The Road Not Taken." I took me awhile to really understand that he was staring down two different roads and could only travel one at a time. He would travel the less traveled then travel the other one at a later time. But he says that it may not happen because he is unsure of what the future holds and doesn't know he'll ever be in the same spot again. The poem I enjoyed reading was "Birches," because it gives us, the readers, insight on how he thinks back to his past and his imagination of bent tree branches were from boys swinging on them instead of the storms that have caused it. Since Robert Frost is the eraa of modernism, I think he portrays the characteristics very well because it follows the characteristic of that it is the belief that literature could create meaning and connection. Frost does a good job with giving connection and meaning to his writing, which gives the readers a greater insight of understanding what he is trying to get across.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you, I really enjoyed reading Robert Frost's work! it was, however, a bit challanging and confusing at times. The realism makes it so much more thrilling to read and although it did take me a while to understand it i found it to be a good challange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed reading Frost's poems. The one that I really enjoyed was "The Road not Taken" because it shows us how life can be different and more fulfilling if you do things your own way, and not just conform with the everyone else in the everyday and mundane. It reminds me of myself because I also try to try new things in my life every time I get the chance, like taking the road that is not taken very often. If we all took the same road in life, then no one would be different, and life would be boring. I believe this poem shows us how we should all take chances with new things in your life, and take the road less traveled.

    ReplyDelete