Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Psychotic

Both of the readings were definitely interesting. I really enjoyed The Yellow Wall-Paper. It reminded me of a horror movie or a suspense movie. It definitely mirrored the movie "Secret Window" with Johnny Depp. For those of you who have not seen it.... This man is staying at his cabin because he is procrastinating his divorce after finding his wife having an affair. He gets approached by this farmer who is saying he stole his story and plagiarized. Johnny who is convinced he did not do such a thing is in a whirlwind of craziness with this psychotic farmer. SPOILER ALERT: Johnny's character has multiple personalities and he doesn't know.. neither does the watcher. Anyways... as we talked about in class... We do not even know who the narrator is by the end of the story and that is exactly what Johnny kind of portrays in the movie. Definitely a movie I would recommend.... even though I did kinda ruin it.. It would still be a good watch since I left out all the juicy details. I know this story is super short compared to what other movies have been based upon but I think that if a director decided to make this a movie it would do great.

2 comments:

  1. Kirsten,

    Apparently there was a movie based on the Yellow Wallpaper that came out last year. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790788/

    But it looks like it's only loosely based on the short story.

    In the 80s there was a PBS made-for-tv movie based on the story. Here's the first part:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAJm6gFJb4I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Thank you for that Shiloh. I'm definitely going to check that out!

    ReplyDelete