Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Diving into the Wreck- Adrienne Rich

A little background information, I am horrible at reading poetry, I never seem to know what they are talking about because I generally lose interest fairly quickly. That being said I actually really enjoyed reading Adrienne Rich's, "Diving into the Wreck." It was easy to read which I could really appreciate due to the fact that I have deemed myself poetically-challenged. As I mentioned in a comment a couple blogs back I originally thought after reading the first couple lines it was going to be about this character murdering someone, which could not have been further from the case. I guess I should have used context clues from the title to realize it is obviously about diving. I really enjoyed the part about her climbing down the ladder when she mentions that it is always hanging there, innocently then proceeds to contemplate whether she was blacking out or not because as she descended further and further blackness takes over. One thing I was confused about she kept saying she was there for what she came for, which she mentions she was there to see the shipwreck, but as she continuously talks about the thing she came for it seems like that thing changed over time? I was a little confused during that but hopefully she found what she was looking for. Overall this was definitely one of my favorite poems in the class this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment